Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic – comprising elected local GPs
- representative – regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory – with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional – concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent – funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive – offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Please click here to download the BLMC 69th Annual Report – 2018.
For more information about Birmingham LMC then please click here for our Brochure.