Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2014
Please click here for a PDF of our 65th Annual Report.
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
Comms to GP practices re Pharmacy advanced service for Flu Vaccs
You will all have been aware that this national programme would be put in place this flu season, ...
Safeguarding Adults Deprivation of Liberty
Further to the earlier message of 8th July, as copied at the bottom of this news item, and to the...
Revised Medical Fee Claim Form
With the Birmingham CCGs now holding GP practice contracts under co-commissioning and therefore ...
Vaccination and Immunisation guidance and technical requirements documents 2015/16
The 2015/16 vaccination and immunisations guidance and technical requirements to support GMS chan...
Reviewing the global sum allocation formula and identifying atypical practice poplations
Linked below is a self- explanatory letter to LMCs from Dr Chaand Nagpaul, chairman of GPC. It wo...
New GMS Contract Document
With the changes to the GMS contract regulation in April, it has been necessary for a revised NHS...