Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2014
Please click here for a PDF of our 65th Annual Report.
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
Significant event - NHS SBS
Please see below a self- explanatory message from GPC together with attachments. Needless to say ...
Primary/secondary care interface -NHS Standard Contract changes
As recently published in NHS Englandís GP Forward View document, changes have been made to the N...
Nursing associate test sites - call for applications
Health care employers and education providers are invited to put forward partnership applications...
BMA DocHealth Launch
DocHealth is a new BMA service to support doctors who have personal or professional difficulties...
CQC access to GPs own medical records
It has come to the LMC's attention that CQC may be requesting access to the medical records of ap...
Your practice will have received, or will shortly receive, the attached invitation to sign up to ...