Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT 2015
Focus On Gender Incongruence in Primary Care
A number of queries have been raised with GPC regarding the management of patients who present at...
Court of Protection issues
The Court of Protection has moved from a centralised arrangement to using non specialised region...
GPC PRESS RELEASE: Capita/NHS England update
GP leaders warn that patient safety is being comprised by failures in key support services run by...
GP Trainees and the medical performers list
GPC is aware that there have been delays in processing GP trainee applications for the performers...
New template letter for breaches to standard hospital contract in England
There is a GPC press release and letter to LMCs regarding the launch of new workload resources fo...