Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2014
Please click here for a PDF of our 65th Annual Report.
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
Prison GPs network
Can I introduce myself as the BMA rep for prison GPs? I am very keen to connect up, resource and ...
Lead Employer for GP Trainees
The LMC have been advised by HEWM that following a tendering exercise, St Helens and Knowsley NHS...
CQC fee rise and BMA press release
Attached is the expected bad news from CQC following its consultation on fee rises, and copied below...
Revalidation: New RCGP Guidance For GPs
The RCGP has approved a new Guide to Supporting Information for Appraisal and Revalidation (March...
Urgent Prescription for General Practice
You should now have received your copies of the resource packs, which have been sent to all GP pr...
Substance misuse contract with CRI
You will have received, or shortly will receive, the email below from CRI, together with a revise...