Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2015
Please click here to download the document "BLMC 66th ANNUAL REPORT".
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
BLMC Constitution 2018
Click here to download the document "LMC Constitution March 2018".
GPC GDPR webpage
A hub page for GDPR information has now been launched on the BMA website. This provides informati...
REGISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS IN HOSPITALS AND OTHER CARE SETTINGS
Please see below a link to updated guidance on the BMA website in relation to practice responsibi...
Updated Capita/PCSE guidance and resources from the GPC
The GPC has now published the first in a series of practical resources that aims to tackle proble...
New GPC Guidance: meeting the reasonable needs of patients during core hours
Please note that new guidance is available on meeting the reasonable needs of patients, which has...
GDPR guidance from NHS DIGITAL
Some NHS specific GDPR guidance has been published by NHS Digital with reference to application f...
West Midlands Drug Policy Recommendations
Please find below for your information a report on drug policy by the West Midlands Police and Cr...