Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2014
Please click here for a PDF of our 65th Annual Report.
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
Practices have received a series of communications from the Health and Social Care Information Ce...
GP documents "Responsible, safe and sustainable"
Today sees the launch of GPC’s vision for the future of general practice in England :Responsible...
Tamiflu for the prophylaxis of influenza in nursing and care homes
Following concerns raised in January about inappropriate pressure from Public Health England (PHE...
BMA Sessional GPs Newsletter
This month’s BMA sessional GPs e-newsletter was sent out yesterday and is available below.
Duty of Candour
As you will be aware, the “Duty of Candour” came into effect for all GP practices on 1 April 2015...
Comms to GP practices re Pharmacy advanced service for Flu Vaccs
You will all have been aware that this national programme would be put in place this flu season, ...