Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2014
Please click here for a PDF of our 65th Annual Report.
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
New Accessible Information Standard
CQC has recently published the attached statement on its role in respect of safeguarding issues. ...
Proactive Support for Vulnerable Practices
Please see the link below for a letter sent to NHS England by the GPC last week , requesting pr...
GPN Conference 2016
Please see below information from Health Education West Midlands for your information.
Use of Data Protection Act (SARS)
Further to the message below circulated by the LMC last week, the BMA/GPC has now produced its ow...
Unsurprisingly the LMC has started to receive reports of serious underpayments to practices this ...
National Pharmacy Flu Vaccination Scheme
Below is a self-explanatory message from the GPC. Bearing in mind the utter shambles of our local...