Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2014
Please click here for a PDF of our 65th Annual Report.
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
Zika guidance for primary care
Zika virus guidance for primary care has now been published on the Public Health England website,...
GPC News 6 - Special conference news - Jan 2016
Please find below a PDF of a brief summary of the Special Conference of LMCs which took place las...
Indicators no longer in QOF
Practices in some areas have been asked again to accept requests within the Calculating Quality R...
DWP Reports and Patient Consent
Despite previous guidance being issued on this matter DWP is stating that some GPs are still insi...
Communication with PCSS
Below is a communication received from Martin Pritchard, a director of Capita, the new provider o...
Vaccine update - MenB &Paracetamol /Shelf life for FluMist /Hep B blood spot testing
I’d like to draw your attention to the latest issue of Vaccine update, published in late December...