Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
Birmingham LMC is:
- democratic - comprising elected local GPs
- representative - regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, the NHS Commissioning Board (NHS England) the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- statutory - with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- professional - concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- independent - funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- supportive - offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities
Annual Report 2014
Please click here for a PDF of our 65th Annual Report.
BLMC Brochure 2014
Please click here for our 2014 Brochure.
BMA DocHealth Launch
DocHealth is a new BMA service to support doctors who have personal or professional difficulties...
CQC access to GPs own medical records
It has come to the LMC's attention that CQC may be requesting access to the medical records of ap...
Your practice will have received, or will shortly receive, the attached invitation to sign up to ...
Coaching for GPs returning to or thinking of leaving practice
The Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM) has been funded by NHS England to offer u...
Sessional GPs E-newsletter
Here is the link...
As you will be aware, TPP announced on 9 June 2016 that there had been code mapping issues with t...