Birmingham Local Medical Committee represents and supports general practice to ensure that GPs are properly valued and their skills properly utilised in serving the public.
The BLMC is…
- DEMOCRATIC – comprising elected local GPs
- REPRESENTATIVE – regularly canvassing the views of local GPs and representing General Practice to CCGs, NHS England the local authority and secondary care providers; representing local GPs nationally through the GPC.
- STATUTORY – with rights and responsibilities defined by Act of Parliament
- PROFESSIONAL – concerned with promoting quality in patient care and upholding standards of professional practice
- INDEPENDENT – funded by GPs to support GPs and practices
- SUPPORTIVE – offering advice and support on all matters affecting professional activities